Thursday, September 5, 2013

How We Celebrate Birthdays

The following post was also posted on my classroom blog. I thought it was time for a non-technology post on this blog so I am posting it here, too. I didn't want to give the impression that I am all about technology (if you ask my crew of 1st graders they would say that I am all about reading).


Wow! We have had so much fun with birthday treats this year. We started off with a great treat from Gabriel of two mechanical pencils - a big deal with first graders. Then today we had two birthday treats in one afternoon. Allison brought in goody bags with dry erase crayons, a notebook and a pencil. She has also invited the entire crew to her pool party at the Rec Center. Joseph ended our day with his birthday treat of a science experiment. We "blew" up balloons using the chemical reaction of vinegar and baking soda. The crew absolutely loved it! Each child brought home a balloon and instructions to do the experiment again at home.

I truly love how these treats are healthy and include all of the members of our crew (regardless of allergies and food intolerances). Thanks to those parents who have started us off so well with our birthday celebrations.
















No comments:

Post a Comment