Sunday, June 10, 2012

Opening Minds ~ Book Chat

Last year Cathy Mere, Laura Komos and I hosted an online book chat about the book Conferring by Patrick Allen. We all learned so much by reading together and sharing out thoughts that we decided to do it again this year. After sharing all of our summer professional reading book stacks, we noticed that many of us had the book Opening Minds by Peter Johnston in our stacks. So that will be the book that we will be reading and sharing this summer.



We would love to have you read and chat with us. The schedule for the event is:
July 11: Chapters 1-3 Hosted by Cathy Mere at Reflect and Refine: Building a Learning Community

July 18: Chapters 4-6 Hosted by me here at My Primary Passion

July 25: Chapters 7-9 Hosted by Laura Komos at Our Camp Read-A-Lot

July 26: Twitter Chat using #cyberPD - time still to be determined

There are several ways to participate. You can:
  • post your thoughts about each section of the book on your own blog. Then add the link to your post in the comment section of the host blog.
  • simply add your thoughts as a comment on the host blog (or any of the blogs).
  • share your thinking on Twitter using #cyberPD at any time during the month.
  • come up with your own way to participate and add to the discussion. 

We can't wait for the conversation to begin and hope that you will decide to join us. It is a great way to do a little summer professional development and it is a great way to "meet" new friends and colleagues. 

3 comments:

  1. It is going to be hard to wait until July to begin. Looking forward to the collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to be a part of this group again this year, so many great minds working together Openning Minds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about this. I saw Peter Johnston speak several years ago and it changed my thinking completely. I have read Choice Words several times and I pre-ordered Opening Minds. It is wonderful. I can't wait to participate in this discussion with you all! And, I am spending all day this Friday with Peter Johnston at the Mid-South Reading and Writing Conference here in Birmingham. I am PUMPED! =) Thanks so much for organizing this great PD opportunity! I love learning from my "twitter friends." =)

    ReplyDelete